David worked with Kepak during a project with Convenience Store magazine. The project used an extensive amount of shopper and retailer research and involved:
- Fact-finding site visits
- Development of dedicated planograms for the whole chiller based on store layout and customer profile
- Remerchandising of the chiller to block products that shoppers expect to see together, making it easier to shop
- Introduction of eye-catching POS (including shelf edge strips, barkers and branded shelf trays) to improve the visibility and standout of the new micro-snacking fixture
- Implementing ‘Heat it Here’ POS directing shoppers to the instore microwaves in both stores
- An introduction to Rustlers Super 6
David said about the project:
“PMPs have proved really popular, especially the Rustlers Quarter Pounder which we’re selling 2 outers a week. We got off to a flying start, sales then dipped, but now they’ve picked up again.
“I’m really glad we got involved. I need to move the microwave closer to the (micro-snacking) products and then I’m sure we’ll see another uplift in sales.
“No surprise maybe, but sales are weather dependent; the colder it is, the more micro-snacking products we sell.
“The Kepak team was a pleasure to work with and made setting up the category fun and thought-provoking at the same time as adding extra interest within our business. We would welcome them again.”